Skip to main content

Apple Teacher Certification

We are all so busy, but also looking for a way to better ourselves, right?

Well I started to do research on what I could do to learn more about technology and better myself as an educator and I just wanted to share some of my findings with you. 

For those of you that don't know, I have a bachelors in Elementary & Special Education. I started my teaching career teaching 6th grade math and science. After I got my Masters in Educational Technology in 2016, I stepped out of the classroom (in a sense) and now am the Educational Technology Specialist. Basically, it's a really fancy title for the fact that I oversee the iPad lab for K-5 and oversee online learning for the 6-12 students. 

Anyways, back to bettering myself. I found 3 really great certifications that I'm sure you have heard of, but maybe haven't researched yourself. Today I am going to talk about the Apple Teacher certification, with information coming on Google & Microsoft Office Certification in the future. 

Apple Teacher Certification: All you need to sign up is your Apple ID, then you will have access to the iPad Starter Guide that will download to your iBooks, as well as online help and a list of in-store workshops. These are great to read through and you can honestly learn so much through these materials. There are 8 areas of expertise for both iPads and Mac and you can choose which you want to take/pass. The 8 areas for iPad are iPad, Pages for iPad, Keynote for iPad, Numbers for iPad, iMovie for iPad, GarageBand for iPad, Productivity with iPad, and Creativity with iPad. The 8 areas for Mac are  Mac, Pages for Mac, Keynote for Mac, Numbers for Mac, iMovie for Mac, GarageBand for Mac, Productivity with Mac, and Creativity with Mac. Each area requires you to take a quiz that is only 5 questions. You have to get an 80% (or 4 out of 5) on each quiz in order to pass, but you can retake quizzes as needed. Each time you pass a quiz, you earn a badge. Complete each quiz in either iPad or Mac in order to become an Apple Teacher in that content area. 

Are you an Apple Teacher? 
Let me know in the comments below. 
-Hilary 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Powtoon {Cartoon Presentation Software}

Powtoon was introduced to me by a friend who was working on a presentation for one of our professional development days. She was talking about how boring PowerPoint could get when it was presenting information to those who were forced to attend meetings. She was going to try something different - and that is where Powtoon came in. Powtoon is a presentation software that allows you to share information using cartoons, speech bubbles, and animations.  Basically, you can make cartoons enter and exit your screen at any point, and they can share information while they are there. Think about Saturday morning cartoons that you are creating yourself to share something that is of interest to you! There are some great graphics and you can even add your own images and sound. Let's be real here, who wouldn't like a presentation where cartoons are teaching you about the next latest and greatest in the world of education? Try it out & let me know what you think, Mrs. Tech ...

Build Your Wild Self {Animal Adaptations}

Build Your Wild Self  was a site that I just stumbled upon, but was probably one of my students favorite activities that we did all year. Basically, students are able to create themselves by playing with their body, hair, eyes, mouth, clothes. They can then make themselves "wild" by adding headgear, ears, face, arms, bottoms, backsides, and tails that are all body parts of wild animals. This activity isn't all fun though - there is educational value too! Once the students are done creating their "wild self" they will click I'M DONE. This will take them to the next page where it will explain to the students what is "wild" about them. It will tell them where their wild parts came from and why those parts are important to the survival of that particular animal. So there you have it - educational and a ton of fun! Just wait to see what kind of creatures your students come up with! It will be entertaining, I guarantee you that much. Try it ou...

Fire Safety Week Resources

Next week, October 8-14, 2017 is FIRE SAFETY/PREVENTION week! I think that there is always a way to tie in these kinds of ideas into something that you are learning. Even if you aren't teaching it the entire week, teach a mini lesson or show a video before/after a special or first thing one more and have a conversation about fires and how they are preventable.  Do you have fire drills in your school? Discuss why you do those and why they are so important. Do you have a back up location to go if your first one if compromised? One time, when the alarm goes off, tell your kids that your first location is compromised and head for the second location.  Here are a few resources that I have found that I think are helpful for teaching about Fire Safety: Fire Safety Rap Video   Video About Fire Safety (Interview with Firemen) Fire Safety "What Ifs?" Easy Fireman Hat Fire Safety Activities And OF COURSE - Fire Safety Snacks!! Fire Truck Crackers ...